Welcome to our Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in Aquaculture, Environment and Society (EMJMD ACES\ACES+)
Marine Harvest Scholarship available for our next intake of ACES+ Joint Master Degree students starting in September 2019. We are also accepting applications from self-funding students.
The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in AquaCulture, Environment and Society Plus (EMJMD ACES +) will give you a unique opportunity to study in up to four centres of European excellence in aquaculture research and learning; Scotland, Crete, France and the Netherlands. It will also allow you to gain the practical and theoretical skills needed for a successful career in aquaculture through industry-led research programmes, internships and fieldwork.
We are committed to promoting the development of a sustainable aquaculture industry and to achieve our goal we carry out cutting-edge research across all areas of aquaculture science including;
- Fish, crustacean and bivalve nutrition and health
- Disease mitigation and resistance
- Genetic improvement
- Aquaculture systems and technology
- Aquaculture governance and management
- Qualification obtained: Erasmus Mundus Joint MSc Degree
- Study: Full time
- Duration: 2 years
- Start Date: September
- Student Learning Journey: Semester 1 – UHI-SAMS, Oban, Scotland; Semester 2 – University of Crete, Greece; Semester 3 – University of Nantes, France; Semester 4 – Research project, of approx. 4 months duration which can carried out with our partner organisations in Scotland, Crete, France, the Netherlands or further afield with our international Associated Institutes.
- Requirements: Minimum of a second class Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject. Applicants without these formal qualifications, but with substantial work/ life experience in the aquaculture industry, are also encouraged to apply.
- Programme Leader: Elizabeth Cottier-Cook
- Programme Administrator: Helen Bury (email@example.com)
We are now accepting applications for our Marine Harvest Scholarship (MHS) and from self-funding applicants for the next academic year of the EMJMD ACES programme, starting in September 2019. For more information about this Scholarship please click here.
We welcome applications from EU and non-EU applicants on a self-funding basis – the programme is aimed at students from all over the world. The tuition fees for EU students are €2,500 per academic year and €5,000 per academic year for international (non-EU) students.
This website contains all the information you need to know about the programme. You can also contact our Education Administrator, Helen Bury, via email ACES@sams.ac.uk. The closing date for the MHS and self-funding applications is 1st July 2019. For information on other scholarships and bursaries that may potentially be available to support your studies, please see the section on our website, ‘Fees and Scholarships’. For general information on the Eurpopean Union’s Erasmus + programmes, please click here. Please contact our Programme Administrator, Helen Bury, via email at ACES@sams.ac.uk for further information. You can also download the UHI Postgraduate prospectus
If you are committed to developing the specialist and practical skills needed to address the challenges and pressures facing an industry which is set to become globally the fastest growing animal-food producing sector, then we would love to hear from you!